How to avoid FIXERs
1. Prepare all your requirements, inquire at the NSO, POEA, DFA Assistance hotlines
a. NSO 737-1111
b. DFA 737-1000
c. POEA 737-7777
2. Do not deal with people outside the NSO, POEA, DFA
a. Go directly to the entrance guard
b. Show your requirements so you can enter
c. Proceed to the STEP 1 area
3. Do not be afaird to ask, but do not be quick to believe. Read the procedures available in the area. Do not rush yourself into making a decision; know what you need to do first.
4. All government agencies are equipped with informative materials to guide you on how to process your requests; this can be done by any individual without too much complication.
5. If a person insists on helping you or assisting you, chances are they could be fixers. Ask for assistance or info at the INFORMATION counter.